This year, social distancing and public venues restrictions means that we are all taking the time to focus on what is important, such as sharing moments with our loved ones.
And with Mother’s Day just around the corner, we have the perfect idea to make this day extra special. We know that mum wants a home-cooked meal more than anything else. And with Autumn being in full swing, there’s nothing better than staying in and cooking together.
If you are not too sure what a good day of restaurant-quality homemade meals looks like, do not worry, we have you covered.
French toast and fruit salad for brunch
With French toasts you are sure to start the day with a great treat. It is an easy recipe and you can always adapt it according to what is in your pantry: vanilla extract, orange blossom, cinnamon, maple syrup, honey, etc.
And if you want the treat to last the entire week, you can make them in batch, French toasts are safe to freeze!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 8 to 12 slices of bread (depending on how hungry you are and how thick they are)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- A pinch of salt
1. Slice the bread into 2-4cm slices.
2. Break the eggs into a medium bowl and beat them with a whisk (or a fork).
3. Stir the milk, sugar and salt into the medium bowl with the beaten eggs in it.
4. Coat a pan with butter (or heat a drizzle of vegetable oil) and melt over medium heat.
5. Soak the bread slices into the egg mixture on both sides and let them soak up for a few seconds.
6. Transfer the egg-coated bread slices to the hot pan. Heat slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
Plate up and enjoy!
A restaurant-quality meal for dinner
Since eating out is not an option this year, let us help you make your homemade dinner worthy of being on a restaurant’s menu. We’ll deliver to your doorstep your weekly food box filled with fresh WA-local ingredients.
Have a look at our menu and choose amongst 12 delicious meals. You have until Tuesday 5th May to order to be delivered in time for Mother’s Day.
And because we want to celebrate all the mums in Perth, we thought we would be generous, too. Enter the code MOTHERSDAY at checkout and get 20% off your first box.
Offer valid until Tue 05/05/2020 11:59PM